As green day approaches, lets take a moment to talk about awareness and safety!
- Pack light! Whether doing the pub crawl or visiting a house party, bring only your drivers license (or a designated driver!), a few bucks in your pocket and your cell phone.
- Beware of pick pockets and other hoodlums if attending a parade (situational awareness is the key here).
- If you are the designated driver (DD) be aware of those that are swaying around you, either in a vehicle or on foot!
- Consider public transportation.
- Avoid being alone, use the buddy system.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach, eat and drink lots of water before and during the festivities
- Don’t EVER leave a drink unattended!
- Find the phone number of a reputable taxi company before you go out, just in case.
These are just a few pointers.
Have a great time and stay safe out there!!